Tuesday, July 11, 2006

BHP July 11

Well we had a little race today at BHP. It wasn't too bad, only 31 degrees celsius. I think I drank 3 bottles of H2O. Had a personal best time for the season of 31.20. Which all things considered isn't too bad I guess. Good thing hubby was a full 10 minutes ahead of me. That means he gets to encourage me up the last hill. Really that is ok. Keeps me going - when my brain is about to say ENOUGH. He says encouraging things like "keep going", "that's it". Really that is all I can do. Just keep going. Someone always has to come in last, and I'm ok that is me, but I did notice that 1 or 2 people were less than 1.5 minutes ahead of me... so... perhaps I could go out a little harder, get in a pack... we'll see. I haven't done a time trial in a while (like 2 years!!).

I wiped out on Thursday at the track. Not too bad. Just a little road rash on the calf area. It just keeps tightening up quite a bit. So here I sit icing... this getting older sucks. Everything takes just a little longer to heal (if it manages to heal). One of the guys is a dr. I asked if it was normal for the leg to keep swelling. Sure - granted that you're not pregnant - he says. RESOUNDING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I just don't think I could play that game again!! LOL.

Anyway, this heat is something else. We actually have the air on...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Good for you for getting a pb. Nice job.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home