Monday, June 19, 2006

WOW

Have you ever felt like you stepped into a fairy tale? The wedding we went to yesterday was absolutely beautiful. The house and garden had been transformed. A tent in the backyard big enough to comfortably seat 100, contained a 10' ice bar and room to move around. The ceremony was outside in the garden. The rain held off just long enough for the "I do's" and a rousing "Mazel Tov" I've never been to a Jewish wedding. It was rich with symbolism and tradition. Very impressive.

The food was amazing - prepared by Chef Susur Lee who came in from Toronto. I have never had beef that tender (not even Roast Beast!!). A seven course meal served over 2 hours with wine being poured constantly. What a nice way to dine. Too bad the wine creeps up on you by the end. As one of the guys said - its a sleeper, just kind of hits you cause you don't actually take note of just how much you're consuming!! Don't worry, I didn't embarrass anyone. We had a really good time!!

The speeches were heart felt and so moving. I'll say this about that - I've never heard the groom open up that way before. Honest and passionate about how he felt about his new bride, his kids and family. Very nice. I was oh so touched when he thanked me too for the help as they prepared for their day. Weddings are always beautiful, but I really felt the promise of a new chance at happiness for both the bride & groom. I get misty just thinking about it...

There are so many details I could go on about, but I think I need a bit more sleep tonight. I'll admit, I was suffering just a little this morning... Somehow just the thought of opening the turkey bacon, getting some out, packing it for lunch and putting the rest back in the fridge was WAY to much to handle. I grabbed only pre-packaged stuff, and away I went - managed to only be about 10 minutes late for work... some days I really wish I drank coffee - I waited till lunch time to crack my diet coke - ummm... Caffeine... (could have been worse, could have been a kit kat... give me a break, give me a break, gotta have a piece of that kit kat bar...)

Mazel Tov!

3 Comments:

Blogger Blondie said...

Do tell, do tell!!! Always teasing me with these tidbits! Lady J - I like the nick name...

10:21 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Uh oh... looks like I'm missing out on some great details there BTB. :)

Blondie, I love the sound of the wedding. Beautiful. Did you take pics?

I just found out that I know his neighbor at the lake. Hmmm.. looks like I may have to pay a visit. ;)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

I took many photos i just have to figure out how to print them all nicely - I vow that I will!!! I miss taking my rolls to the store to get them developed!!!

BTB - I can't wait to hear, but I may have to conference in Jay!!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home