Saturday, June 03, 2006

How lame am I...

Just finished cleaning the house. It is 9:04 PM on a Saturday. Oh well... could have spent the day outside soaking in the sun. But instead Y and I prepped food and served at a wedding. Nice... its nice to give back I suppose. Was there for 5 hours and still felt guilty when I left before all the clean up was done. It was great though to see all the ladies who would normally be serving enjoying being served for a change. Always wondered who would serve if they were busy. I guess now I know. Someone else has to pick up the torch. Glad others were in charge. What an awful lot of work. I'd rather be a worker bee on this one that is for sure.

Hubby invited his entire work over yesterday. Amazing - it wasn't even that stressful. Everyone stayed outside round the fire and we have way more beer in the fridge then when we started. LOL. Tube steaks for everyone. Always fun. One of the guys just could not sit still. Felt he had to be manly and fell some dead trees. Funny. Then we took the ax away...safety first!!

E is at band camp this weekend. Been gone since Thursday. Feels weird without her around - no contact... I told her to make smart choices and to tell her boyfriend to behave LOL. I got the look!! and the "MOM!!". So I guess there is no boyfriend yet... so she says...

Would love to settle down for a long movie. Hubby is still out mowing the weeds. The man is like the energizer bunny. Go, Go, Go. Must admit, he keeps things pretty well attended to outside. Nice. Cheers to hubby.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I know exactly what you can do with the extra beer in the fridge!! ;)

Sounds like you've had a busy, yet fun time. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Well, I didn't receive my phone call for free disposal. Rather dissapointed over here. <:(
Then again, I have to remember my "rain" gear for the next visit.. and plenty of balloons.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Waterworld Olympics 2??? game on!! I'm still amazed that no one fell and hurt themselves in game 1!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Ok BTB, you can't leave me hanging with that little tid-bit at the end.
I want the scoop!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home