Saturday, June 24, 2006

Marinade

Ok, so I had a package of marinade to do the steaks. Calls for 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/3 cup water and 1/4 cup oil... why would I add that much oil??? So I upped the water and vinegar - forget the oil. I've been doing that for years... still tastes very yummy. On to the next step...

Marinate 30 minutes or overnight. (Flavour increases with longer marinating time).

Thats it, nothing else. So does that mean if I marinate 45 minutes I've wrecked it? Overnight - does that mean I should bbq at breakfast time? Steak & eggs maybe? 30 minutes or overnight, that is pretty black & white. Not a lot of room for error. 30 minutes, what if the steak is tough? An hour might make it better, but that is not what the package said!!! Overnight... that would take pre-planning I think. Who thinks that far ahead about your average supper?

Well, I've done it. I bbq'd after only an hour of marinading (word??). Its ok folks. My steak is good. I've never really been one for rules...

Wonder what else I can make today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

sounds yummy.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home