Wednesday, June 28, 2006

this & that

Just tucked in E. Yes, she still lets me do that. But don't tell anyone... She's been on the phone & MSN for about 2 hours talking to who knows who (yes we do monitor it). Funny part is I thought she was on the phone with one of the guys from School/town, as it turns out she was on with a guy (same age) she met at a multi school fantasy baseball game event. Go figure. She's settling into a new reality lately, coming out of her shell a bit. Meeting new people and liking it. She went to the highschool orientation last week - and I quote "mom, people just come talk to me, if I'm standing by myself, they just come talk to me" I do believe she will be alright in that big ol' school all by herself.

I just ate a 1/4 of a watermelon - honest I was just going to cut some for tomorrow, but it was so good. My bladder may not be happy with me tonight LOL.

How is it you spend more on groceries when you walk in the store with the full intention of spending less (especially after having gone to Costco???).

Went to Y's farewell from grade 5 assembly today. Nice. Very well done, they all got t-shirts with everybodys signature on the back. Nice keepsake. We must have spent 1/2 an hour getting her dressed today. Wanted something "different" "new" - a little late at 7:30 in the morning i said!! I'm going to miss this school. The teachers were awesome.

Bought a bathing suit on the weekend. It was time. How can something made of so little material cost so much? Plus I found two (count em TWO) bottoms that I liked, so I bought them both. How many times does that happen???? Grand total with all Sears discounts in - $62 - for 3 pieces. What a smart shopper I am. Though, of course I still felt guilty - right up until I went to work and my coworker bought one as well - only she spent $140. Ok, I guess I did alright.

Experimented with downloading (or would that be uploading??) photos to Costco. Picked up 4 pictures today - they turned out great. Sure wish I'd been trying this all along, I've now got 121 pictures to print. At least they are only .15 a piece at Costco, could be worse I suppose.

I'm full of energy right now. Must have something to do with they Tylonal with caffeine I took not to long ago. A headache that would not stop!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Ah, E and Y are priceless. They will grow up to be wonderful women.

BE thankful your bathing suit cost so little. I was looking at one that was over $200.00. <:(
I'm hoping to find a sale in July.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home