Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Flip Flops are evil.

Went to the sports injury clinic today. The day after our inline marathon I was wearing flip flops (yes I know, where is the support!!), funny thing is, I usually don't wear flip flops - I'm just not good at it. Heals - fine in years past anyway. But flip flops tend to fly off my feet - unless I do that oh so attractive toe scrunching maneuver (you know, the oh so attractive way you can curl your toes yet still manage to walk??) Anyway, I'm walking down the concourse stairs, when POW - sharp pain in the top of my foot, oops, there it is again, and again. Well, wen't back upstairs, put my runners back on and tried to forget about it. No such luck. Its still bugging me almost 3 weeks later.

Apparently I can't blame the flip flops though, my co-workers seem to think I must have been in a vulnerable state after all the skating and the flip flops were the last straw. So, I went to the clinic this morning. Nothing showed up on the x-ray, but dr. dude seriously thinks I may have a stress fracture. Yeah, that is totally stressful. I can barely stand it (no pun intended). Apparently it may not show up till the calcium deposits from healing show the crack. I'm cracking up!! The more I try and exercise to stay healthy, the more wrecked I become... but at least I can still swim and bike he says. Ok, just trying to decide if I'll swim on the way too work or after WHATEVER. Seriously, biking is the only other option for now. I could whine about what time it gets dark now and about the cooler weather coming but I don't have the energy. SUCK IT UP PRINCESS. I'll go back in two weeks for a check... for now I'm not even supposed to walk more than necessary. Oh, and as a bonus I get to wear my runners to work all the time.

That does it - I'm blaming the flip flops and will take my anger out on them shortly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

the damn flip flops. I knew they were good for nothing. <:(

I guess you'll just have to sit and drink now. ;)

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home