Friday, August 25, 2006

you learn something new everyday...


There I am standing at the kitchen sink stuffing as many freshly washed blueberries into my mouth as I can. As I chomp down on a particularly tastey one I remember the pies my Aunt Vi used to make. She made the BEST blueberry pies. Maybe it was because she lived on the side of a mountain (at least I thought it was a mountain) and we picked them ourselves, but wow were they good. As my mind wandered I remembered her cats. You see I wasn't always a cat person. I thought they were cute and all, but had no idea of their habits or characteristics. My cousin and I (and maybe my brother) spent a week at Aunt Vi's one summer - it was great. Anyway, she had these kittens. They were so cute. Came and went as they pleased. One day after lunch I was wondering around and saw one of the kittens playing in the sand. Digging like crazy. How cute is that? So I thought I should pick her up, bring her in and play... poor thing, didn't know what hit her. We're walking through the kitchen and suddenly she's scrambling to get down - she pooped right then and there. WHO KNEW I ask you??? How was I to know when they dig its for a reason!! Dogs just dig for fun - why would cats be any different. SIGH. I went to find Aunt Vi and tell her what that crazy cat did. She shook her head and asked if I cleaned it up? Ummmm - no? That was the one and only time I ever thought she was mad at me. I raced back to the house and cleaned it up toot sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home