Monday, August 28, 2006

Feel the pain


I did it. I finished a marathon (inline skating that is). 26.2 miles of pavement behind me and all I wanted to do was cry. I was so glad to cross the line. Hubby came to cheer me on the last km or so. I could barely slug up that hill. For me this year it was about crossing the line. I hadn't done a marathon since I crashed in Duluth 2 years ago. It was a mental thing. I really needed to do it for me. And... I got a PB (personal best) didn't quite expect that. 1 hour 47 minutes (and some seconds, don't know how many). Its so funny, I've listened to hubby, brothers and others discuss the finer details of racing. Sometimes you just zone out, but there is a huge need to tell, retell and hash it all out again. Keeps it real I guess Crucial moments for me were when I lost my pack (I just didn't have any more after the last hill); checking my watch at 1:36 and thinking WOW, that can't be, I'm almost done, and then thinking WOW, maybe I still have another lap LOL. But no, I was almost done. Then, I started to cramp up with only 3km or so to go - scary. Finally I crossed the line. DH beside me, family & friends at the line, Jay & Big L with perma grins just beyond - what a feeling...


This picture says it all for me (taken by Tabitha). The pain and was worth it, just to push across the line.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blondie said...

Thank you my friend. (I can hear it!!)

10:20 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

You did awesome!!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home