Thursday, September 07, 2006

Misc

Mother of the year award...

Not! Forgot highschool orientation night, or not so much forgot as got my dates mixed up. Sabrina Tuesday, Tabitha Thursday - perfect right? Yeah whatever, Tabitha's was last Thursday. Effect- she felt very out of sorts night before first day. Cause - the bus didn't come get her in the morning. Effect - I had to drive her to school 1.5 hours early where she "hung" till 9:30 for teh opening day stuff. Cause - didn't ride the bus in teh morning, effect - didn't know where to get on at night, missed the bus. Waited 1.5 hours for me to come get her. Apparently day 2 & 3 were much better.

Death by flying.

Got home from shopping last night. Spent too much on a pair of pants. Think I'll take them back. Went to open the garage door - nothing, nada, no power. Bird committed suicide by flying into our transformer. Without power till almost 10pm. Sigh - somehow it is my fault no one could brush their teeth (our water runs with an electric pump).

Flowers

My husband brought me flowers AND a bottle of wine tonight. Big smile here. Haven't received flowers in ages. It gives me a very warm fuzzy. Our 17th Anniversary is this Saturday. He's 2 days early. :D Every year for the last 17 (except when I've been pregnant and or "heavy") I've tried my wedding dress on - IT IS SO GOING TO FIT THIS YEAR.

3 Comments:

Blogger Just a thought said...

Oh good you can sit with me amongst the other mothers in the crowd and see which supermom wins the award--she probably has a mother and a wife of her own to help her out! I was out of the running back in March with the whole blood poisoning incident. Just think of the lessons you are teaching your girls...I am not perfect so therefore don't attempt to be perfect it doesn't exist! There that's my two cents take it or leave it.
Just a thought...

9:42 PM  
Blogger Wendy Barkman said...

nice to be back in the world of blogging again l- hope to see more of you - W

4:23 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Welcome back W!

JAT - I'll take your two cents and raise you!!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home