Wednesday, August 02, 2006

back in town


Well we are home. Got home Monday and I must say I am glad to be back. HAD A GREAT TIME where we were, but it is always nice to sleep at home. We did so many things I don't even know where to start. I will say this though, our CBFD (see my very first post for definition) was THE BEST. The kids were a blast, the boat was going non stop! Y got up on skis for the first time and E chose not too!! She did however get up on the knee board which made her dad happy... :) I myself chose to stay off of skis and preferred to spot and or stay in the boat. Happy hour everyday was also much fun! I have a new appreciation for all things cranberry... also have a new apprecation for hte stain removal capabilities of hubby's sister. I learnt something new and now too am an expert at berry stains on white shirts!! YEAH!! Loved the lazy day approach to life at the lake. Very content in everything we did. The country side was most conducive to long walks with my friend and hikes up the "mountain".

I will have to figure out how to attach a picture to my posts. I'm sure its not hard. Just haven't figured it out yet. Downloaded 148 photos to the computer. Going to take me a while to upload them to print to Costco I guess!! Actually ran out of memory on the card. Hadn't done that before!! Need a bigger card I guess. Digital is way too convenient. Instant gratification - gotta like it. OK - obviously I did it... I was right - not too hard. This is looking back towards the cabin from the "mountain" The light is not the best, but you get the idea - NICE!

Time with Hubby's sister was great too. The kids got along and it was great to see them all together. Spent an interesting morning with our brother in law who is an arms instructor. Who knew I would ever shoot a hand gun in my life. It gave me conflicting feelings. Have to examine that another day. Meanwhile hubby shot a vast array of weapons in the safe confines of the depot shooting gallery. Brother in law is a fine teacher and safety came first at all times. What an interesting life. Nephew apparently wants to follow in dad's footsteps - when asked him why he said the guns... and the driving... I asked what about helping your fellow man etc. "oh yeah, that too" he's 13... time will tell.

Laundry beckons... I wonder if I'll answer

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Wow. Sounds amazing. Isn't it great when you can relax and experience something new??
I miss you, and it looks like I'll have to miss you a little more.
Make plans to see us when we get back. :) Love you.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

JAY!!! Miss you too. First thing Y said to Omi yesterday on the phone was "seen the boys lately?" I was convinced somehow this week we would hook up... have a fantastic holiday and please come back safe and sound. You will have a blast!!! Enjoy meeting that toddler out there!! I have many ideas for plans when you get back!!

JAT - my body is adjusting to not having my daily happy hour call at 2pm. It was fun, wasn't it... I hope the weekend brought some good times for you too. I know you did SOME reading with us, but I know there is always more - that's what the long car ride is for right?

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home