Sunday, August 20, 2006

AHH Summer

I just haven't felt much like spending time on the computer. The pull to be outside is so strong, and even though I could take this with me - well, I'd just prefer to be outside.

Can you say PMS? Mood swings so great you could hinge a door on them - yikes! Oh so much fun was had on Friday with Jay & family who were back from holidays only to be replaced by utter dismay when they drove away - sigh, cry me a river.

Yesterday was great till I got a call from E (who from now on we will call Tabitha - long story, but I'm tired of calling her a letter). Our water alarm had gone off and who knows if we can get a water delivery late on a Saturday - sigh. So she left a msg for the water dude and I came back from BHP skating (was a good skate though). As an aside - call me crazy, but next week I'll skate 42kms, just to say I can... CRAZY. More on that another day. So fine - get home and had lunch, then have to help Tabitha get the ride on lawn more out from its parking spot in the trees. Not only turn it on - oh no, Hubby says I have to check the oil, give it gas and get it out from its spot - well thank goodness Tabitha is so patient, I finally PUSHED the lawnmower out of its spot (hubby can fix that rut later), and that tree looks better with less bark. Well all of this gave me a headache and pushed my mood WAY down. Next time hubby wants the lawn cut he better have the mower ready and waiting, washed, gassed and good to go. Fortunately, just in the nick of time to pick me back up - the water dude came. Great - now I can do laundry etc. to my hearts content. Amazing what makes me happy.

This morning woke up grumpy like crazy - guess what made me feel better today?? A walk with Sabrina (formerly known as Y). Went for an hour walk, talking nonsense, holding hands and just generally being together. Most important thing she told me was that she realizes that some of what's on TV is "Bogus", "really?" I said - "oh yes". Apparently there was a news article detailing how TV actually makes kids happier then their mothers do. She decided that can't be true, that while she definitely likes her shows, the TV can't hug her, love her or make her food. And I actually pay for the TV and programming that she so enjoys. She likes the fact that I don't take commercial breaks and she never has to worry about my signal going down in a storm.

So - I am happy. For now...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Ah, that is SO Sabrina. She's still so childlike/innocent, and wise at the same time.
Tabitha is a good sport. It dh wants the lawn done a certain way, well he can do it himself. Hrmf.

I'm missing you too. I was just sitting here thinking of you and wishing we could have a good sit down talk with drink in hand.

Another day.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

I just have to ask - all these months I've just pretended to know, but I really don't - WHAT DOES "dh" STAND FOR? The only thing I can up with is "dam(n) husband"

1:09 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dear husband, when he's good, and damn husband when he's bad.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home