Thursday, January 22, 2009

I've been frustrated

I've been dealing with Dufresne furniture since their tech visit to our place on November 25. Our lovely leather recliners have some issues. The biggest 2 being the leather front panels are splitting from the vinyl backs and the recline mechanism on my particular chair has broken. Further, I had to have the tech back to look at our kitchen stools because the micro-fibre is breaking down on all four chairs. Anyway, the issue right now is the leather chairs. I've been getting the run around for weeks on what the final verdict is on my chairs. Then yesterday when I pushed for an answer the Dufresne rep said now the insurance company thinks its my cats fault. AND I QUOTE:

Donna, please advise Turoris that this was not caused by pets and I'm surprised that it has taken them 2 months to ask that question if this is what they thought. The vinyl is splitting from the leather, there is absolutely no evidence of an animal going at the chair and as I stated our cats are declawed. The mechanism that failed is in between the two seats and clearly not accessible by cat.

We bought this furniture at Dufresne because of its long standing history in Winnipeg, great pricing and our several other purchases in the past. We have been so happy with our purchases (spanning over 20 years) to date and I'm shocked that the insurance company is taking this angle with what is undoubtedly a warranty issue. END QUOTE

I just had another email and now the insurance company apparently thinks Palliser (the chair manufacturer) should pay. I can't speak. Who knows when this will all get resolved.

On another note - remember doctor dude, the naturopath? He had given me a Thyroid supplement that in my head just equaled some kind of "vitamin" type thing. I searched it online today - guess what? Its not authorized for sale in Canada and the specific one I'm taking has been found to be contaminated with bacteria. There is a Health Canada warning about it. But after talking with him about it (btw - he's so sorry that he can't get me the same supplement any more). He says I should get my thyroid tested now to see if I should be on a higher or lower dose (none of which he mentioned when he first put me on!!) And maybe I want him to write a letter to my GP to have him prescribe said supplement. He continued to say this is Health Canada playing games and they just don't want the naturopath's dealing in "glandular" medicine. This is a long story short. And the short story is he's completely shaken my faith in what he's telling me. I mean the common sense stuff fine. The gluten free way I've been eating seems to be making a difference in my overall well being. But I gotta say his cavalier attitude to what I told him is really bumming me out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll have to catch up on everything.
Take what you can learn from people and leave the rest behind.


jo

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have been disappointed by Dufresne. We have been buying stuff from them for years, and never had a problem. Now, we have couch/loveseat cushions that look flat, (with minimal wear) and they said that it is not their problem, as they are not beyond the 50% mark. The seam on the side of the loveseat is crooked, and they informed me that the 1 inch that it is out is not that noticeable. I emailed Ashley furniture and they informed me that Dufresne can ask them for assistance if they need to. I emailed Dufresne head office and informed them that I have nothing nice to say and wont be back -- hopefully to stir the pot. just a thought.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home