Saturday, November 15, 2008

A lot to process

I made it. The wall I hit to write my previous post is behind me. Thank goodness!! And I very much appreciate all support I've had through this, written and otherwise.

So I went back to Dr. Dude yesterday. One of my biggest questions for him was "what are your goals for me, for your patients" His answer was this:

to get you feeling like 10/10 energy level all the time
get rid of the achy joints and restless nights
to eliminate bloating and the symptoms/results that go along with it
to make your body work for you

He says I'm 80% on all these goals. He re-checked my levels on all the foods I've eliminated and came up with a fairly standard response. My body does not like gluten (wheat) or dairy. Doesn't mean I can't have them, just means I will do better/feel better if I don't. I have to say that my sleeping and waking up achy is virtually gone, I haven't had a headache in 3 weeks (which is completely not normal for me). And I've eliminated (no pun intended) all bloat and associated issues.

So I will be adding back a couple of things. He said I can do cheese a couple of times a week, tomatoes a few times a week and add back certain of things I've been missing. If I'm gonna drink, better wine than anything else, if I want something else, better hard liquor than beer (that gluten thing again). He wants me to take a comprehensive multi vitamin, something to boost my thyroid, calcium supplement, essential oils, and extra vitamin c. He had a product that would give me all that in one swoop, but it also had apple powder, so no good. (dang apples).

I'm very excited. I'm adding back the things I missed most. Leaving out the crap that's not good for me and trying to adjust to this new way of eating.

AND he wants me to chug a 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper everyday with water to stimulate my circulation which could address the problem I have with my hands and feet turning white and cold (raenaud's disease). Tried that this morning - WOAH, cough, cough, smooth...

Ok, when your all done laughing at all of this and while your waiting to see if I renounce my witch dr - I'll just go on feeling good. (can you tell I'm a little insecure?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Ah my lady, you inspire me. You've done so well, and you look so good.
You must admit, you feel way better AND it's incredibly hard.
I too will join you... did I mention I started my work outs again?? Let's hope I can keep them up. My food diary will start next week...

GREAT job M.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

thanks my girl!! your right, it is hard. but worth it. feeling good is a huge reward, i didn't really realize how crappy I was feeling till I felt so good!!

GREAT JOB on starting your workouts again. you can stick to it!! We're on this road together my friend - you wanna ride shot gun, or shall I? :)

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home