Monday, December 01, 2008

do you like surprises??

My husband sneaks up on me I flip out! If my kids don't give me a hello how are you? before launching into a verbal tornado detailing what they want and I can't help but say no to whatever they are asking. Surprises tend to knock me right off balance.

On Friday, Nov 21 I was stressing over Mandy's imminent birthday when DH called from downstairs wondering what I was doing - i turned the corner out of the bedroom and there standing in my upstairs hallway was my 2 favorite speedy creek kids!! (i.e. Swift Current). Their mom was out walking the little white dog before coming in!! What a night!! Mandy was working and the kids went to go pick her up. We're still fighting over who screamed louder when she/me saw the kids. After that DH took Charlie to pick up Samantha - again, surprise extraordinaire.

That was the best surprise I've ever had! I was so off balance I thought I should clean up my kitchen before sitting down to visit. Then it hit me, the mess would still be there later, my friends were only staying for a few hours. Leaving the mess alone was definitely the right choice.

They can surprise me anytime.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Those are absolutely the BEST surprises EVER!!!!!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Just a thought said...

It was fun on our end too! We loved seeing the big grins on your faces. Boo says, as we drove away, we have a special place in those Turner's hearts, and my response to her was, and them in ours! Your DH's grin was priceless too.
xoxo
Speedy girl

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home