Sunday, January 04, 2009

Christmas, New Years and a few random thoughts

Christmas came without any real regard for whether or not I was ready. I mean present speaking its a good thing it came, as sometimes I just keep buying if I still have time... I managed to buy all the groceries I needed to cook a successful Christmas dinner and the girls helped me get the house ready to host. This is the first time since I met dh that I spent the entire day at home. Completely different and rather nice. Driving across town or wherever has always been a part of our day. This time the kids were in pj's till early afternoon. Nice... I feel dinner was a glorious success. 8 people round the table and all turned out great (except for that stuffing issue...always learning LOL). Emotionally speaking Christmas always comes at me in various ways. Some days I'm alive with the magic, other days I struggle to find Christ in Christmas. I believe that topic is a much longer post for another day...

New Year's was a blast. After 3 days of painting the girls rooms some amazing colours I was more than ready for a relaxed night with friends. (side note - BTB & K are amazing painters - would never have tackled this job without them. Now I feel like I could actually paint a room on my own THANK YOU!!)

New years - Nothing like eating for 2-3 hours - ummm Fondue!! We did Oil, Cheese, took a break then did Chocolate!! Much fun. So glad BTB, K and A shared the evening with us. One thing that was different this year was no overnight guests. As I told Samantha - it's not wrong... its just different. We did miss R&J and the boys though. I'm sure they had a simply fabulous time at Moose! One of these years I'd like to go out on the town with a big group of people. But not till my girls have their own plans. Who knows, maybe they won't - its always been a wonderful family night that they seem to enjoy as much as we do.

On Friday, DH and I let the girls sleep in and went and did something we can't do on a weekend. Went and gave blood! DH hadn't been in 10 years!! They gave him a first time pin LOL. Also went to visit DH's 96 year old aunt. Hadn't seen her in quite a while. She is sharp as a tack I tell ya. I just can't believe her clarity. She gets around mostly with a walker or wheelchair but can still take a few steps. She pretty much takes care of herself. AMAZING!! She is engaging, happy and finds more things to talk about than just her aches and pains. We could all take a few lessons from her. Loved it when we went to take her to the dining room and she stops to check her hair in the mirror. Great lady!!

Going back to work tomorrow. Yipee...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Glad you had fun!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home