Thursday, October 23, 2008

Modern day tragedy

CALL IN THE TROOPS!! Our internet was down yesterday. ALL MORNING. Then, around noon they (they being our IT provider) switched us over to Shaw from MTS because the problem originated from our MTS line, not (thank goodness) our oh so expensive new servers (recommended by said IT provider). So now we have internet, but still no external Outlook, by which I mean we could communicate via Outlook internally, but are not sending or receiving anything externally. I can check weather, news etc, but can't send or receive instructions from the outside world. At 2:30pm I thought - it must be time for an update. So I proceeded to email help desk. Wait a minute! Help desk of course would not be answering - remember??? We're not sending externally. **sigh** Old fashioned communication then, I had to phone. Yes, its true. I actually had to speak to our IT person who informed me "they've escalated the problem". Now not only are MTS tech personnel not doing anything about our problem, but neither are their managers. So good. Our operations are at a virtual standstill, but I can still check the weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home