Friday, December 19, 2008

Photo Op?

You know, I am not a photographer. I mean every once in a while all the stars align and I take a pretty good shot. Unfortunately though its not consistent and I’m usually in such a hurry that composition is out the window. A few years ago I got MAJORLY ticked with LifeTouch – the school picture monopoly company in our province. I mean how many pictures do they take every day!?! Why then could they not take a picture of my lovely daughter in her stunning glasses without getting a starburst flashback on the glass not once, not twice, but three times!!! So after the initial picture, the retake and 2 visits to the LifeTouch office I finally had a good picture. Problem was every year I gave photo’s to all the grandparents of the girls at Christmas, sent them out with cards, that kind of thing. That year I had to wait till January. I wrote a letter, I got my money back and my pictures. As I said, I was ticked. I vowed never to do the school pictures again. I could take my own photos, pay a bunch less and get them printed in a jiffy at my grocery store of choice. It’s worked out pretty good. This year I have a great photo of Mandy, great one of Samantha got 5x7’s made at Costco, wallet sizes at SuperStore. I’m set, Christmas is next week and all is well – right? WRONG!!

Samantha hates her photo. It looked fine on the camera display, she hates it blown up… I tried to rush through retakes this morning, but that didn’t quite work out. Maybe Mandy will have a photo shoot with her after school. If I’m lucky and the stars are in alignment I’ll send off more pics to Costco/Superstore tonight and Christmas pictures will be mine!! I think its time to let LifeTouch have another go at it. They are the professionals after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Just a thought said...

You crack me up. I keep picturing all your photos with so much sky!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home