Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dictionary.com - Exhibitionist

Noun

1. A person who behaves in ways intended to attract attention or display his or her powers, personality, etc.

2. Psychiatry. A person afflicted with compulsions of exhibitionism.

So I have to remember that everything happens for a reason - but this??? Just the facts then: I'm on the phone with JoJo Friday after work. I'm sitting in my car in a parking lot at Assiniboine Park - the one across from the formal gardens. My door is wide open, I've got my feet up and I'm just having a nice chat. Let's be clear here - that I'm the only one in the entire parking lot!! Through the chuckles and giggles of our conversation I notice that a red truck has parked right across from me, there is a couple in the truck. I barely pay attention. A moment later, I glance up and the woman is gone. I'm curious, but whatever. I look up again, the woman is back and then she's gone again. The guy is staring right at me and happy as a clam. And then it hits me. She's not just taking a nap.

Question - am I:

A - horrified, someone is getting it on right in front of me?

B - disgusted, ready to call the cops?

C - ambivalent, who am I to wreck their fantasy?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same thing happen once -- it was right at the Skytrain station entrance. I pulled out my trusty point-and-shoot and took a picture of... my own completely shocked face.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

GOOD ONE - if only I knew how to use the camera in my phone!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Just a thought said...

Yes I too had a similar situation in "North Town", however this was pre-cell phones, and pre-I don't give a shit mode. It was in a bathroom stall. Perhaps a little to close to my proximity for my liking. My nievity/intoxicatedness may have helped in my situation. I just mumbled WTF! and headed back to my table and friends.
PS I am not spell checking this post IDGASIF!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home