Monday, September 22, 2008

THANK GOODNESS

Seriously, I thought I was going to have a new #1 - on the "I hate to do this" list.

The yearly physical - it's a necessary evil - men are you listening? Ladies, you already know what I'm talking about. If you don't catch little problems, they can grow into BIG problems.

So fine - with a rather apprehensive and only mildly panicked mindset (considered going for the full blown anxiety attack), I went for my mammogram today. I gotta say, it was not nearly so bad as I've heard, though I do cringe for the women who've had a much worse experience. Sure the girls got a little squished, but they bounced back good as new (well not quite good as new. something about nursing two children, gaining/losing weight (at least 2x NOT counting pregnancies not to mention gravity taking over). Did I say bounced? More like flounced. I don't even think I blushed when the attendant pushed, pulled and maneuvered my girls through the meat grinder.

Just do it. Of all the things we put our bodies through, this could actually save your life. I refuse to panic about what bad results could mean unless there is something to panic about. I mean, I've been having annual pap's for YEARS and I never worry about cervical cancer. This was just routine and is just one more thing on my list of things to take care of every year or so. Not so bad, when you consider the alternative.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Good for you!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home