Thursday, September 04, 2008

Had Pizza today

It felt like that kind of day. Couldn't wrap my head around thinking of something to cook, never mind actually cooking it. I've known all week tonight was "flax picking night" For those who don't know, we have a septic field and it must be covered for winter - with flax. Its pretty funny. Tim and I throw it in the truck/trailer and the girls stomp it down. We did this for about 1.5 hours and my arms and hands are tired. My shaky hands are going harder than usual which depresses me. Whatever. I was a trooper up till the last few bundles, then my hands were betraying me and I had just had enough.

Today I wondered if I would get out of flax picking by getting on an airplane. Mom & dad are in Thunder Bay and had a fairly significant car accident. Their faithful 1998 Honda Accord is totaled and they still have to drive home. No broken bones, but shook up and sore. A lot of concern for mom whose body can just not handle more trauma, she's already waiting for a hip transplant that can't come soon enough. Dad seems to have made out ok, just a sore neck so far. Mom will take longer to heal, very sore from the seat belt injury. The next few weeks will be tough. I offered to fly out and drive home with them, but they feel they can handle it alone. I respect that, but I'm worried. I need to see them. I love them.

I feel the pressure of time passing. I hear that happens when you get older.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

((((hugs))))) You have the best and biggest heart EVER!!!

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home