Tuesday, September 16, 2008

so many things on my mind


Life is just moving at an alarming rate.

The inline marathon that I've been waiting a whole year for is now a memory - A GREAT MEMORY. I knew from the very first time I watched DH cross the line at his first Marathon in 1998 that I had to feel that exhilaration. I've always competed with myself in that regard. I came in at a variety of times over the years and this year and faced all facets of different obstacles, including a broken rib, various roadrash incidents and boot issues that would make your toes curl (LOL) I've set 2 personal best times this year. WHAT A RUSH. I'm very excited. I came in 20th out of 129 40-44 year olds in 1hour 37minutes 40seconds at the NorthShore Inline Marathon in Duluth. I AM PUMPED. Now I've hung up my skates for the season, I'm already looking forward to next year. Icing on the cake is skating with my hubby, my 2 brothers and a great bunch of people from all walks of life. I could rehash the entire race for you, but that you'll have to suffer in person :)

Yesterday I went for my physical. Once a year whether I need it or not. Seems like a good idea right? Of course. And my doctor has always said that when I hit 40 (because my maternal grandmother died of breast cancer) I have the added bonus of looking forward to a mammogram this year. GREAT. Whatever. I thought I would have at least a few months of waiting in our wonderful health system. Turns out there was a cancellation. Next monday - 9:00am. Oh joy, that's barely enough time to panic!!!! I can't wait to have these girls flattened like 2 skinny pancakes. UGH. Then there is the added bonus of actually thinking about the thought of them actually finding something... One day at a time. This is just routine. :)

Well, Mandy has started driver's ed. WOW. I feel its a milestone. Apparently life will get very exciting now... Can't wait. She feels hard done by because her birthday's in November and most of the kids she's in class with are in grade 10, not 11. She'll be 16 soon enough.

Samantha is doing 2 time line projects in school. One of them involves finding pictures of significant family moments. #1 on her list in our family - the birth of her cousin Big L. She is a sentimental, very emotional girl. She was 5 when he was born and takes the road that brought him into our lives very seriously. What a kid.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Wow! That's a lot of things to be thankful for. I'm so proud of you and you're great marathons. You've worked so hard and it's wonderful to see the pay off.

Driver's Ed? Wow. She's matured SO much this summer. Really. She's such a beautiful young woman.

Sam just warms my heart. She is so sensitive.. really. I'm touched that she feels BigL's birth is a big moment. She's always had that "thing" with me. I still don't know how she does it.
We really need to get together soon!!!!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Oh, and i forgot to add....
You will be JUST FINE with your "girls" getting squashed. Call me after and tell me all about it. I'm up next year.
Isn't it odd that when you actually get tested, you start to worry about the possibilities. I've got your hand!!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your most excellent time! Physical accomplishment is such a wonderful thing... I think that the effort alone slows down the affects of aging... forty-shmorty!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home