Thursday, July 03, 2008

Getting things done

There is always a certain satisfaction in getting things done. Somethings, repetitive things are a pain, but still, getting them done feels good. There are certain things I do everyday without thought - brush my teeth, put in contacts, put on makeup and do my hair. Then there are the things that stress me out - what to wear, what to make for supper, are the dishes done, did the kids feed the cats, clean the litter, brush THEIR (i mean the kids) teeth.

Since we've moved to our little house on the prairie and dh has begun his obsession with the lawn (among other things - we'll have to leave the great mighty deer hunter stories for another day) I've drastically altered my feelings about getting things to grow and really take quite a lot of pleasure in helping dh (shh, don't tell him) keep the yard just so. So I guess its become my obsession too... he likes a manicured lawn (lots of it). This takes time. DH has a fabulous relationship with his John Deere lawn tractor and I'm getting quite good with the push mower in the trees. I've just spent another wonderful Thursday night (seems that's when we have time) cutting grass for almost 2 hours. The best part about it is my wonderful lawn cutting attire. You'd think with the heat I could wear as little as possible - NOT SO. Where do I live!!! Mosquito Land!!!! Oh my WORD! The little buggers just about carry you off.

So this is my new favorite jacket. A must have for the season (literally!)

The good thing about the lawn is once a week about does it. I can look back with satisfaction for at least 6 or 7 days before SOMEBODY says... its time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Huma said...

What boots are you wearing with your jacket?

9:29 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Hah! You tell me!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home