Monday, May 26, 2008

RUSH



Wow, legends?? - oh yes. Rush at the MTS Centre was just amazing. What a great concert. The venue is fabulous. I didn't have any of the pre concert jitters that have plagued me for years (something about getting pee'd on at Chris De Burgh - standing on the floor at his concert when I was 18!!! EWWWWWWWWWW) I was with a group of 11 other people just as excited as me (and a few thousand of our peers!). Of course the best part could have turned into tragedy. People kept standing up in front of us. Ripple effect, you know one guy with perfect sight lines would stand, so someone behind him would stand, etc. Didn't we all pay for our seats? yes, I know its perfectly alright to stand in front of your chair (at least that is what security said) but really. First dude was in the flippen front row!! So anyway buddy to my left tells me, you go say something, your blonde, they'll listen. k fine, whatever - I hop over some seats and do just that, they say talk to the guys over there... oh boy... ok, off I go, next row "please sir, would you mind?" well, I'll have to go talk to that couple over there (AAAAAAAAAAA, starting to shake now) go to said couple, "hey, would you mind sitting down? Its creating a ripple effect..." Chick gives me a look that says not on your life and says I have to talk to the guy (finally at the front row dude) down there... whoops, I think my heart skipped a beat so I tell her "you know I'm getting farther and farther away from my friends, I'm kind of starting to get scared" She looks at me (I can see the attitude war in her mind) - finally laughs and sits down. So back to my brothers and friends I go - I GOT A STANDING OVATION from at least 3 people! What a hoot. Dude beside BTB even brought me a beer later. I stopped shaking and enjoyed the rest of the concert. What a blast. I honestly had a great time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely done. I can't do confrontations... I once asked someone to turn down their car stereo because it was disturbing my classroom. I was then chased up three flights of stairs, thrown on the ground, and rescued by the department head.(I probably shouldn't have hurled all of those nasty insults...)
Nowadays I just simmer quietly until the situation's over or let my wife do the talkin'.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Just a thought said...

Well what a rush--pardon the pun! And tell me...did you have any liquid courage or was this an inate ability you possess?
BFro

10:04 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

No liquid courage (thus the shaking!) just plain ol' me pretending to be a grown up!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home