Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Contrast...

Sunday I had a great morning run. I woke up and was out the door by 7:30am. I had to be somewhere at 10am to pick up a BBQ for our church picnic and then had plans to invite my brothers and their families for supper. So morning was my only hope. 10 degrees and almost no wind to speak of. Off I went with my IPod. I don't always plug in - sometimes I'll just wear the headphones to keep the wind out, or keep people from talking to me. Not yesterday though, I turned it on and turned it up. I have such a huge mix of music and I never know which genre I will be treated to. Sunday's line up happened to begin with several campsongs. How nice, I started to feel very spiritual and appreciative of my surroundings. "Lord in your mercy, here our prayer." I listened to a couple more than once, I was feeling very peaceful. that's when it hit. I was calmly waiting to hear what the next song would be when - LOVE SHACK, baby LOVE SHACK comes screeching through my headphones - nearly knocked my socks off. By the time I'd run a few strides the peaceful feeling was gone, to be replaced by a very assertive, aggressive get the heart rate going kind of feel good adrenaline. What a difference. Some days I wonder if I have a split personality (more like how many times its been split!!). Song selection is usually mood dependent, I never know what songs are going to turn my crank at any given moment. Then other times, like Sunday, the mood picks me.

Today I should (should being not so bad, as I did skate last night) have run, should have got up, should have had some me time. Instead I've just kept moving all day long, till now. Little things are irritating the heck out of me and each time I crawl out of the mood something really tiny happens to send me spinning again. Exercise adrenaline is the best kind. I will get up tomorrow and start my day off right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

You're so good at that exercise business.
Good for you!!!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home