Saturday, May 03, 2008

ugh

7:00am I'm having breakfast. In 2.5 hours I will run 10km at the Physio Fit. Normally if I run saturday morning I don't eat first. Best time for me to exercise is on an empty stomach. BUT with race jitters etc. I need something that will still be in my body.

I know 2.5 hours is an ok window. I've been snacking significantly at work between 3 & 4 on evenings that I want to run, then supper later. So far so good - no reactions. Still makes me so nervous. Can't live in a bubble. I'm only eating things that have been completely safe for me to date. So this morning it is an orange and banana smoothie, turkey bacon and a piece of rye toast. 3 food groups - good girl. Maybe a bran bar yet to be satisfied. Sounds like a lot of food... but if I don't pack it in there my race jjtters will have me on absolutely empty.

Ugh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

HA! You found your password!! YAY!!
I meant to ask how your race went!! How did you do?

10:35 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

you bet - i'm back!

I did a 1hr 4min. I feel pretty good about that. I would have liked an hour or so but I am happy.

AND THE BEST PART - I won a door prize ANY pair of Rockport shoes from Quarks!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

SEriously??!!! What an AWESOME prize!!! WOWEE!! Love it!!!!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home