Friday, July 13, 2007

my heart grew 3 sizes today

Tabitha has spent the last 2 weeks basically - away... She went to abbotsford, BC for a youth assembly on the long weekend and then this last week she's been a Jr. Servant leadership trainee - in otherwords a jr. camp counselor. it just fills me up watching her grow by leaps and bounds in such a short space of time. Next week she'll be molding young minds at day camp (ages 6-12). next year she'll be eligable to be a sr. SLT and then the following year a full fledge camp counselor. The indpendence is amazing. Watching her confidence (which was not short to begin with) grow is huge. I think these volunteer experiences in the great outdoors will help shape her future. How valuabale is that. Sabrina is chomping at the bit to go too... all in good time. For now she is still a camper. Tabitha will be a camper too - at the end of August. She says she likes being a "staff" person, so we'll see which is more fun.


Today felt like the kind of day that we would see BTB's truck drive up for a visit. You know the kind where someone just drops in at the perfect moment?? I think (had he come) he would have definitely brought KT along. That would be fun... now I'm just dreaming though cause I think they are away. I could call and find out I suppose. But the night is almost over, we go skating in the am, so it will be early to bed.

OOOH, there goes the phone, I think its my SC friend!! Oh yes it is!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I"ve been wondering how she did last week. i'm so happy she's doing great!!!
Love you guys!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

LOVE YOU TOO - are you not supposed to be away or did you take your favorite toy with you???? LOL

8:20 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Ya think I'd leave home without it?? Are you CRAZY???!!! LOL

6:40 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

I LOVE the title of this post. I even blogged about it, but didn't link you because I don't know how private you want your blog to remain...but it's you I was talking about. teeheehee

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home