Friday, July 27, 2007

lots on my mind

My mind is going like a freight train this week. As if all the things in my head weren't enough, last night I finished reading Harry Potter. How nice that that this brutal summer cold I'm suffering from coincided with the release of one of my favorite series. The book was non stop action, couldn't put it down. I was very satisfied with the ending which says a lot.

I was pretty much a slug this week. Barely cared about anything. Finally started doing dishes again though - its a start.

I worry about Cancer girl and the fact that her journey is nearing an end. I worry about how her passing will affect those who love her.

I worry about people far away and how I wish I could give them a hug. We really need to sit on a deck for a while drinking ice cold (diet) cokes and solving the problems of the world - or at least our world.

I worry about Mrs C. ( a very wise and kind friend who has been in my life since I was about 10). Her journey too, is nearing an end. I told my mom today - they're moving Mrs. C to "Riverview" - that pretty much sums it up. Palliative care, with dignity and compassion that's what I've heard about Riverview. Cancergirl is getting a spot there too. **sigh**

Tabitha came home with a story from camp. One of the disabled kids at Moose Lake this week choked... not good. They are considering removing life support. She told me so I could pray too... the counselors and kids will be much affected.

Happy things this week too though. Last weekend we had dinner out with R&J - FUN. Sunday was family time at my mom & dad's. Always a good time.

BTB/KT will come tomorrow and help us build a horseshoe pit - fun. Friends invited us for a BBQ on Sunday, that will be fun too.

I'm on holidays for a week, dh can't commit to doing anything fun, but there will be fun, mark my words. There is a time for work and a time for play.

My heart is FULL with the joy that Tabitha has experienced as a staff person at camp these last weeks. Its done today, she already misses it... I can't wait to have her sign up for next year.

I can't wait to pick up Sabrina at camp tomorrow - she's been gone all week. She always seems so mature when I go get her... growing up way to fast...

Alright, I'm all over the place. Tangents if you will. Now I must begin the process of falling asleep. Hoping not to fall asleep with a coughing fit (like the last 4 nights-cry me a river). Then I have to think of all these things that I've written, then I get to fall asleep only to wake up at 6:30 so I can try and go skating tomorrow. Don't shake your head - I need to sweat, I need to shake this cold up. I'm ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home