Wednesday, February 14, 2007

BNL and 10/10/10

B - Bare
N - Naked
L - Ladies

OH MY WORD - I was given free tickets to their concert last night! How fun was that.

I must tell you - I'm not a concert goer. Although when I stop to count them up, I guess I've been to quite a few. I get nervous of the crowd, where I'll park, will we be ok going back to the car... all kinds of dumb stuff. Kind of wanted dh to take Tabitha...

But, instead, Tabitha and I went (dh had to catch up on some tv or something like that) - she loved it!!! Considering she's been getting into gangster rap lately this was a refreshing change of pace! I knew way more songs then I thought I would and they were absolutely hilarious. Really joked around a lot with the audience. I would definitely see them again. Nothing like 5 guys harmonizing with accoustic guitars, a mandolin, a base chelo ( I know I can't spell) and an accordian. WOW. Tabitha wanted a t-shirt really bad. At first I said no... trying to save for other things, blah, blah, blah. Then I thought about the 10/10/10 rule How would this decision affect me in 10 minutes, 10 months, 10 years. Well I'll tell you, if I'd kept to my no, it would have been in 10 minutes am I really still thinking about this? In 10 months, I would have forgotten completely and in 10 years I wouldn't remember who BNL was... as it turned out I said yes - in 10 minutes Tabitha was still talking about it, in 10 months the shirt will be well worn, and in 10 years I can tell her to finally give it to the thrift store.

10/10/10 - I learnt that from an article in a magazine. Must remember not to overuse the rule, save it for special circumstances. I like it...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

wow! Good for you!! I'm glad you had fun!

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10/10/10 i LOVE IT AND WILL USE IT IN THE FUTURE.

However at my age it likely should be 10/10 3 :)

Great experience for both of you to enjoy different sounds.

Uncle B

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home