Saturday, December 09, 2006

how peaceful

What a wonderful spring day. I just stepped out on the front deck, in shorts... (ok, I haven't changed from running on my treadmill yet). It is so calm out. I love being home on the weekends when I can actually see outside. Right now it is dark in the morning when I leave and darker still when I get home. I like looking out my windows, seeing the train way out there and watching people on the trail. Its only -2 celcuis how cool - or hot!! is that?

This morning I told Tabitha we wouldn't be going to church again till Christmas Eve, we have dh's work - family party tomorrow then, my parents Christmas next Sunday. Her response - COOL. I looked at her fast, she went, Ummmm.. I mean, that's too bad mom, what are we doing? **sigh**. Her idea of a good time, church is not. Though she loves seeing the people especially her cousins. I guess we just hang on to that till she finds another reason to enjoy it again... I know she still loves the singing...

The band concerts this week were fun. Nice to see Sabrina up there and I won't forget the look of Tabitha with the highschool crowd. Their concert uniform is a dress for the girls - any dress, as long as its nice (mostly summer type dress's). She looked great, mature, too good for words. Where has the time gone?? Really makes you grateful for the now. Really does...

Tonight is my work party. Just booked our cab. Its nice that they do that. The party is at one of the guys house, catered. Shoudl be fun. Something different. We're too small to rent a place, but a little to big for a restaurant, so it should be interesting. This guys house can fit 4 rented round tables in his dining room - nice place... I've arranged everything, I hope I didn't forget anything!!! Just a little nervous... Should be fine. Bought a new shirt to wear... DH's party isn't till January, it will be neat having another one after the season is over...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great Blondie.
I think Tabitha is going through the normal feelings of church. I never wanted to go either when I was her age. I'd much rather sleep in. :)
Ok, so not much has changed in that respect, but at least I'm going. HA!
The party sounds great! Have a great week and I'll see you next weekend.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home