Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas

Its here! What fun. All my presents are wrapped. I've tried to be sneaky this year so know one figures out what they're getting. The girls are getting totally different things, but I bought dollar store boxes that are the same size to put both presents in. DH always guesses - NOT THIS YEAR. I feel quite confident about that.

Yesterday was mixed emotions. Came into work bubbly and excited (yes Jay, too smiley!!). Hadn't checked my email since the day before and bounced around the office saying good morning. I mean who wouldn't, there was more shortbread in the office, chips and dip from the day before and we were getting off at noon. How fun is that? One of my co-workers seemed a bit off, but I thought nothing of it and kept on my current trend of way too happy. Finally sat down and got my day going. First email I see is from said co-worker (B). B's birthday was Thursday, B's sister-in-law passed away late Thursday night... from a battle with cancer. Late forties, wife & mother. I am heart broken for B. Her email also said to enjoy my Christmas and appreciate my friends and family.

I will enjoy my Christmas, I will appreciate my friends and family. I will say a little prayer for B and her family. I will remember that amidst the joy there is also sadness. I will not sweat the small stuff. I will count my blessings.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how tragic. It happens much more than it should.. death at such a young age.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

you always make me think... Christmas with Christ... has a nice ring to it

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home