Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Bad Hair Day

Ok, I'm having one...

I feel I need devote a few minutes to an objective discussion about my hair (yes really). Its been 10 months or so since I started growing it and I’m going to through another ugly stage (after just coming through a fairly happy stage). DH keeps teasing me about just cutting it off then. Well I gotta tell you – maybe I just should just cut it off. But I’m half way to long hair. It really is a two year process when I start from short/short.

I’ve said this is the last time I’m doing this. When I last had it short, I was starting to feel like I was a bit butchy. Yet on the other hand it was always funky – and SO easy to deal with. What do I do? I can still feel feminine with short hair. Can't I?? Do I really want it long again? I’ve committed to the process, but it really does drive me crazy some days. UGH, I'm 1/2 way there. I should really worry about more important things... I was kind of looking forward to you know, being coy with it, swinging it in front of my face to shield my eyes, vanity is an evil thing.

Your comments are welcome!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

Oh, Blondie. Alright, I've just gone through the 'grow my hair long' years. It's long now. But I don't know what to do with it. I'm sure it would be beautiful if I blow dried it everyday. But blowdrying long hair takes forever. So all I do it put it in a ponytail. So what's the point of having long hair? If it's short at least I style it. Now I just look like a frumpy 30 something mom with no pizazz. Long hair is HIGHLY overrated.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA MissM!! That is so true, and funny!!! You are so far from frumpy, and I just complimented you on your gorgous hair today!!!

Blondie, you just need to get it restyled so that you can grow it out without it getting annoying. I love my longer hair as it is a comfort and shield for me. I always hide behind my hair. HA! Growing hair out is tough, especially in the in-between stage.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Well I guess it is time for a little trim, its been since mid July! I promised myself that I wouldn't go too long between cuts so that I wouldn't have this problem - BUT I'm saving so much money LOL.

I hear you Miss M, I've tried not being lazy with long hair. Its just so easy to put up. Yet, at least with a ponytail I can still look like a girl when I have my bike helmet on!! Helmet head is pretty bad with short hair!

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think short hair = butchy??? Obviously you have not sought the opinion of the males in your life!
Look in the mirror and view what is a beautiful and feminine face. (yes I may be a mite unbiased but if you don't believe me ask other males what they think!!
Choose the style best suited to your fast paced, athletic, work burdened life style.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

UNCLE B!!! Welcome to my world! Hubby said you might come visiting. Don't worry, I only post good stuff about family! Mostly!!!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

oh, and i also meant to say you are far too kind!

Thanks for the words of encouragement everybody!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home