Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Thanks Giving!


Even these rather "brisk" temperatures can't get me down, though the sudden change is a little crazy!! I love being outside and this weekend is no exception. Lunch at LDB on Saturday, supper with my family yesterday and one more turkey to go today at the mother in-laws. Nice things is all the mom's make different side dishes so its enjoyable everytime!

I'm going to try and do some fall clean up in my garden this morning. I've got a rose bush that we transplanted to our yard - I've never had a rose bush before. We'll see if it comes back next year!! I've been looking up fall clean up tips on the net. People seem to do an AWFUL lot of work in their gardens. Me - I'm going to wing it. We'll see what happens!! These hard prairie plants are used to me by now LOL. Wish me luck... Oh - check out these "mutant" (as Sabrina likes to call them) plants. I've never seen a sunflower that tall before!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

sounds like a wonderful weekend. That sunflower is the biggest I've ever seen. LOL

8:23 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

the roots were huge!! the bean plant too... what a stock! It seemed a shame pulling them out while the sun was still shining - good thing though - now we have snow!!!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Hi Blondie ... I like your winging it philosophy.

I usually procrasinate because I'm waiting to figure out how to do it perfectly, which results in my not doing it or HAVING to wing it b/c I ran out of time.

I think I need to post a few WING IT signs around my house. :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Miss M - does that mean you are going to do a "Wing it" post? Or post wing it's? LOL

OH JAT!! If only you could see the weather here - really I mean that :)

Jay - you remember how dh had tied the head of the sunflower to the eaves? Well now that's all thats left - just the head swinging in the hurricane wind!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home