Monday, October 23, 2006

Random Thoughts on my Friend the Scale

I get up at 5:10 in the morning to exercise - what possesses me to do that???
I weigh myself almost everyday - CAN YOU SAY OBSESSED (and no I don't want to hear that isn't healthy - I could be addicted to much worse things).
Why couldn't I be happy at 183lbs? Do the math - I've lost 30lbs (give or take, depending on what time of the month it is).
I'll tell you why, because if I was still 183lbs, I wouldn't be 183lbs, I'd be more.

(((AND I have to add here (because you have to know that 153 is a good thing). I'm almost 5'9" and big framed - so 153 is VERY exciting.))) another aside - do you know what a big deal it is for me to actually admit the number on the scale????

I have been 153 since about mid July - when I stopped counting WW points. It really worked for me. Someone asked me recently what would make the difference keeping it off this time - because I pay attention to what I put in my mouth! Though who can tell today - why the &*#$& did I bake chocolate chip cookies yesterday (and eat SEVERAL of them)? Because somehow I didn't over indulge the rest of the weekend - so - don't I deserve it?? Oh yes I do! Just THE oldest con in the book. I don't deserve this sick feeling in my stomach do I? WHY does the message that I'm full take so long to get to my brain!!!!!

You know between Thanks Giving, the stress fracture in my foot (which equated to almost no exercise for going on EIGHT weeks) and just generally a lax attitude the lbs started to creep - I put on 3lbs. yes, count them 1 - 2 - 3. BIG DEAL you say? Exactly! It is a big deal, because if I allow the 3, then what's 3 more ETC. So with only a little bit of work and more careful eating (which really isn't too different from the norm for me now). I dropped them again.

And THAT, ladies & gentlemen, is why I weigh myself (almost) everyday.

I like to think that one day my body (& brain) will get used to this shape & size and the obsession will lessen, as long as the lesson isn't lost.

5 Comments:

Blogger Blondie said...

YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT IS BUCK NAKED!! That thong just weighs a little too much KNWIM?

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a constant battle. It sucks, but keeping healthy keeps you living longer. :)
I weigh myself every morning too. First thing, go bathroom.. THEN weigh myself. LOL

11:15 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Usually I wait till after my shower - AFTER I blow dry my hair!! LOL

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooooo glad someone else 'gets' the admitting the number on the scale thing. It's tough when you're tall...the number is gonna be higher but it doesn't always seem to register to those who are shorter. There is still always that shock. Yes, I am one of those "weigh yourself buck naked right after you pee and before you get in the shower in the morning" people.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

YES!!! I watch the biggest loser - the kids are baffled by the numbers those people put up. The thing is they never tell us how tall anyone is!!!! I will never be 125lbs - I would be dead!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home