Sunday, November 12, 2006

10:36 on a sunday night

The first chance I've had to blog in days (or that I've taken). Its time for bed. My teeth are brushed, face is washed, the house is quiet (except for the hum of the dryer, the clothes just seem to multiply when I'm not looking). I've every reason to crawl into bed - not the least of which is tomorrow my house turns into a bakery. Mom, 2 sister in laws, 1 niece (21) 1 nephew (age 2) my 2 girls and me... all baking - a frenzy of Christmas baking if you will (whoops, can I say Christmas? - perhaps its holiday, or seasonal baking). FOR GET ABOUT IT - Christmas it is and Christmas it shall be! So anyway totallly ready to go to bed, but the quiet is intoxicating. I'd like to just sit and drink it all in. Nobody is speaking to me, asking me for stuff or challenging my need to be right here. Its been a long day, if only 6or7 hours of sleep felt like it lasted all night, I'm sure I'll only feel like I got 3 or 4.

Tabitha made a choice last week, the choice to meet me downtown (Sabrina came too). Till now the bus had been out of the question, but the lure of a contact lens fitting proved to strong. She stepped out of her box and made the trek. Wow - what a shining moment. Thank goodness for cell phones. It made the wait a little more bearable. I met the girls at the bus stop so they wouldn't have to stress making it to my building (who wouldn't have to stress??). I'm very proud of them. This morning in her haste, Tabitha lost a contact. OH MY WORD! Its the end of the world as we know it! I wasn't immediately sympathetic in my frustration at this development. But all too soon my motherly instincts were to fix it and fix it NOW. Thank goodness Jay kept a cool head. We got a replacement already this afternoon. I would have done anything to erase the sadness in Tabitha's eyes. Her carefully laid plans of being ready to wear them to school were in serious jeopardy. I think we're back on track. Crisis averted!!! Thanks Jay...

Ok, now I'm getting sleepy. Must be ready for the bakathon!! UMMMM, can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home