Thursday, March 09, 2006

Things that suck

Fiberglass
Wet roads the sun bounces off of into your eyes
Accidents on the way home
Getting our drinking water tested because there's a funny smell (more on that another day)

Lets got back to the fiberglass. I was helping a dad, lets call him Joe, at kids club last night get a rod out of a floor hockey stick that he got stuck, thereby turning it into an instant weapon and accident waiting to happen with 6-12 year olds around! He anchored it with a vice grip and began twisting with a wrench. I came over to help and it did - as he twisted, I twisted and pulled. As we made progress, my hands got closer to where he was shredding the rod, then I touched the shredded bit - well guess how much fiberglass is inbedded in my thumb & forefinger - dozens of little slivers barely visible to the naked eye!!! Well, we tried tape to pick them off - a little success... as we speak I've got white glue drying on my fingers - Health Links said put white glue on, let it dry and peel it off along with (i hope) the slivers!! Seems to me I did this in Jr. High... then she said get a tetnus update - whatever, we'll see, my fingers are so sensitive - how dumb do I feel!!!

Things that don't suck
Got the rod out of the hockey stick
Sun shone all the way home
I did not get in an accident today
I can buy bottled water

5 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Get some polarized sunwear to protect your eyes. BIG difference.
Did you get in another accident?? I sure hope not.

Bringing wine and chicken lasagna that even you can eat. Would you like rose or white wine?

8:16 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

No accidents for me my friend - just saw a few. I'm bringing a bottle of red - so we'll just have to share!! I'm sure we'll be the only ones indulging LOL. Oh no wait, mom will have 1/2 a glass!!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

the glue kind of worked then i spent over an hour with tweazers - fun... next time I'll let hockey stick dad fend for himself

6:17 AM  
Blogger Huma said...

Blondie, never mix glue with red wine. How many times have I told you!?

Sheesh. Besides, I'm certain you earn enough $$$ to afford a bottle of wine to yourself.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Well i wouldn't mix glue & wine, that would be a waste!

You know a guy at work asked to see my fingers today - thought maybe the wounds would be deep and ugly - ugh yeah, well here they are, you can't really see them, but reallly, they hurt - he looked at me with that doubtful, "sure they do" smile. HONEST - fiber glass fibers are barely visible, but they sure feel like glass!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home