Tuesday, March 07, 2006

ignoring the computer?

I think i've been ignoring my home computer for a few days. I guess sometimes you need to do that.

Anyway watched the most amusing thing Saturday night. (amusing if you are not the party involved...) Went to a 50th party for a co-worker of hubby's. When we get there Susan (not her real name) is waiting not so patiently for her hubby Nick (not his real name) to show up. Hasn't talked to him since 4pm, they live out of town so she brought her car in and he had his truck. Long story short, he wasn't there even after birthday girl arrived at 9:10 or so. Susan was getting worried. I finally asked if she'd like to go find him. YES. So I drove. We got outside and I asked are you worried. She was SO worried, she had tried his dad's house, where he was supposed to have gone after work... everyone who could have possibly gone for drinks with him was already at the party and no-one had seen him. We drove to hotel on the highway and guess what - his truck. She nearly flipped. We walked in, she went up to him and said something, turned around and walked out - he's yelling Susan, come back... she bolted. Trying to think fast I asked her if she had keys to his truck - he had just been getting ready to "drive" to hte party. He'd run into some "Newfies" and had to tell them every single Newfie joke he knew. Susan said she had keys and took off. I asked her did she want me to drive him to hte party or make him walk... she smiled briefly then and said I could drive him. I went back into the bar and told Nick, lets go, your with me. He was happy about that!! So as we went, claiming not to be drunk he wondered how he could possibly fix this. I asked him how he'd fixed it in the past - his answer - great sex... I told him not an option right now (but I did laugh). Well we got there and she would not speak to him. She refused to give him more money and no one else would DARE by him a drink. He enjoyed his sprite quite well the whole rest of the night. She would not buy him food either - you know how drunk people are when they start coming down - HUNGRY. I don't know if I could have stayed mad as long as Susan did - amazing!! At certain points I was wondering if not too harsh. But I'm not the one who has had to deal with that over and over again. Thank goodness! And thank homebody hubby for not putting me through that - ever...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Oh my gosh, that is too funny!!
I couldn't ignore for THAT long. LOL

6:43 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Interesting, I hadn't thought of him as a chronic drinker...I'm not sure. I wonder where you draw the line. I guess everyone has their own line, once you cross it you have to make a choice whether or not you can step (or are able to step) back across, or if you've fallen off a cliff

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home