Monday, February 20, 2006

Easier for who...

Yesterday the girls and I went to my sister in law's while her husband (my brother) and a friend of ours went to spend the afternoon at my house. The "boys" watched Daytona. We - well, we ate chocolate chip cookies, played with my nephew's (1 & 3 - way to much fun) and talked about everything under the sun.

At one point Y went to lie on Auntie's bed to watch TV and fell asleep. When she awoke, she was burning up. Wasn't feeling too bad, just kind of achey - and HOT. So Auntie crushed an extra strength Tylenol in ice cream and I thought we would just ride it out. I came around the corner of the living room being very loud with my nephew only to find Y grimacing on the couch, trying oh so hard to hold it all in. Poor kid. We went home immediately. Of course by the time we got home, she felt fine (yay for Tylenol). So after a not bad night (she only woke up once) - I thought we were in the clear. Oh wait, I guess we were in the clear after she puked!! Honestly after that she was fine. No fever, nothing... Guess where she is now - yes at school. She phoned me on her lunch. Seems fine, if a little tired.

I guess it is easier to send her to school then find child care - I mean do I leave her at home by herself? She's 11 - which is fine if you're feeling ok, but when you're not???? We have people who would come in a heart beat, but its kind of like when you feel not quite sick enough to stay home from work, but not quite good enough to go to work. So, I sent her. She's toughing it out. Good or bad, that's what we did. She is such a trooper. OF COURSE, if she was exhibiting more symptoms one of us would have stayed home with her. Mother of the year??? Not today...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Poor baby. I'm glad she's feeling better.

I was racking my brain trying to think of all the wonderful blog ideas we were laughing over. I'll have to re-play the day.
You and I need a date soon!!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home