Saturday, February 18, 2006

Further to the next chapter

Well now I've put both my kids into a tailspin regarding choosing a middle/senior school. The youngest wants to go to the same one her sister went to, we'd like her to choose the other one (trying to gently guide her to that choice herself). Eldest is completely torn between the school she thought she wanted to go to and what the other option offers. Its a performing arts school - somehow seems cleaner, more organized and professional (as is the middle school we want Y to go to). E thrives on organization/discipline and Y really needs it to help her stay focused. Two completely different reasons for choosing these schools yet the same.

Now we're trying to figure out the pro's and con's of both. I'm wishing I had never given them a choice. I'm wishing I just said from the get go - this is what you're doing. I don't know if they're equipped to make these big choices in life. Yet now given, how do I take that away? Y always thought she had a choice, hubby is now saying otherwise, which is his perogative, yet I would really like her to come to the choice herself (as the mom, I really do feel it is best for her - that's my perogative).

I will continue to gently nudge and guide...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home