Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Feeling Guilty

Dropped off the kittens at the vet's yesterday... On the menu for each was a spay AND de-claw.

I got to the vet's and stood waiting for someone to help me. Took about 5 minutes - but it seemed like forever as the kittens just stared at me wide eyed from their carrier - I thought they were pleading with me to just take them home!!

They have been absolutely insane these last few weeks - apparently that's hormones and the spay should take care of that. Hmm wonder if that would work on teenagers??

Ok, so the spay isn't what's worrying me. Its the de-claw. I mean they actually amputate the little nails and where they grow from. How cruel is that? But I'm sorry, we just can't have them wrecking everything. Its either this, or they lose their happy home. And it is a happy home. I would love to be a cat, do whatever you want, whenever you want, and when you happen to want affection there is a line up of people waiting for you to sit on their lap - NO, PICK ME!!

I actually got a little misty when I said goodbye to them. Hubby picks them up in a few hours. They'll be on pain meds if necessary. After we de-clawed our last cat, I vowed never to do it again. **sigh** here I am again x 2.

Apparently they'll forget in a few days that they even had claws. I may be scarred for life...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Don't think about it. I hope by now the kitties are at home safe and sound.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

They are now home... not quite as energetic as usual!!

I do believe they now appreciate the lovely space they call home!!!! Don't show them the kitty carrier - that can only mean bad things!!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home