Friday, March 10, 2006

Extended Family

We had a family gathering tonight. Cousins, couple of Aunts & Uncles and also my immediate family mom dad, brothers, their wives and kids. On and off today I didn't want to come, it felt like a lot of work. But I must admit, after a little warm up time - I really enjoyed myself. I had to step out of my box and talk to people I only see 1 or 2 times a year - I found that once I embraced the moment - it was wonderful. At one point I ended up singing hymns & camp songs with my sister in law, my
cousin & my aunt (on guitar). What a special moment. These women can sing. I could have cried. It warmed my heart.

I had to work at staying away from my immediate family - its like being in a clique - you want to stay wherever you are most comfortable (plus, I just really enjoy their company to the max, so why wouldn't I want to hang with them).

It was nice. Its too bad we only do this once or twice a year. I said we should do it more often - and - oh my goodness, I think I offered up my house for the next one... we'll see - LOL. I really would like them to come. I'll just have to get off my butt and do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home