Saturday, October 02, 2010

o my word!

I made the best coffee cake ever! Ok, truly i've never made coffee cake before, but if I had, I would have made it again. YKWIM??? It is so moist and delicious I could scarf the left overs right now! But that would be fine, cause not only is it amazing, it is heart smart, oh yeah, got the recipe off the Heart & Stroke Foundation website - plus I made it gluten free. How amazing am I? Truly, do you have to ask?? The girls loved it, Tim ate it and i, well you already know how i feel about it. MMMM, that and my amazing diet coke with something... in it. Life is truly good. LOL

Got so much done today, yet there is still more. Guess I'll miss out on thanks giving lunch at church tomorrow, still have stuff to do at home. Good thing for Samantha... she's gone vegan for a week - a "kingdom experiment" with youth. to see what its like to lose something you take for granted. Quite proud of her really - she's been sleeping on the floor with just a blanket, no pillow and hasn't eaten meat since Tuesday. That is quite a big deal for this meat-eatin family. Giving up on turkey right in front of her would be a little tough... maybe that's the point? Hmmm, something to think about.

You know Mandy is thinking of joining a sorority at Uni. I wasn't sure how i felt about it, you know, would she have time, could she afford it and all that. actually, it might be alright. Wow, aren't I mature, letting her make her own decisions.

And did I mention I ran 10km this am? Yup, I did, not too sore... something about being over 40, i've started stretching - every morning!!! Whatever - seems to help. What doesn't kill me only makes me stronger. And then Tim... he's gearing up to run his marathon in Chi town next weekend. Too bad his achilles tendon is still making its presence felt, and felt and felt... I know he can finish the race - more power to him! I'll see him at the finish line!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Deschanel said...

The best coffee cake ever...and no recipe?! So mean ;)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

funny, I did not get an invite to partake in the coffee cake eating ceremony. ;)
love reading your thoughts .. we need to get together soon

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home