Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Go big or go home...

I guess sometimes you do something that results in immediate gratification, but some how you end up paying for it later. Other times you do something that in the long run you will be happy with - but might cause you grief now. Although in this instance - grief isn't really the right word. Actually AGONY might be more the right word. For a long time now I haven't been completely happy with my tattoo - something about people calling it a curling rock, donut, wheel and my personal favorite - SPACESHIP - that really got my knickers in a knot. So with that in mind I went for a consult to a fine shop on St. Annes. Nice kid who looked to be about 12 (ok, maybe 22) met with me, brought in some reinforcements and came up with an idea to "complete" the tattoo. Shouldn't be more than 2.5 hours he said, shouldn't be too bad he said. UGH - in the first 10 minutes I was really questioning my sanity - after all, I didn't really have time think about his design, I just said go for it. DH saw it too and said - sure. First off, laying on my stomach for any length of time is a big NO, NO. My neck is just too old and set in its way - but still, I lay on my stomach and tried not to fidget. I knew after 2 hours when he said lets - take a break that this was going to be a long haul. After close to another 2 hours he was finally done. FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!! The last hour was the worst, no maybe the first hour, no, maybe all of it. Yes, I know, I have no one to blame but myself - but seriously I really didn't realize how big the final product was going to be, nor the amount of time it would take to finish it.

Well - all that said, I am getting pretty excited with it. It doesn't hurt as much today as it did yesterday and it surely won't hurt as much tomorrow as it does today. (don't' talk to me about Sunday - that sucked - probably the worst moment was when I asked DH to "GENTLY" remove the towel that was stuck to my back after dinner he decided that he should instead RIP like a Band-Aid – it wasn’t the pain (which was NOT pleasant) I was worried about – more like him taking a layer of my hard earned new tattoo!! He did apologize…). The more I look at it, the more I like it. What once started out as a small (subtle) idea to believe in, has morphed into a full on back piece… who knew.

I'm cautiously falling in love with this piece. It is way bigger than I ever imagined I would have. My mom says she loves it - LOL, but don't get any more!!! I am definitely done for now. Samantha is being the real trooper - she's the one who's been slathering me in vitamin e - its getting pretty gross with scabbing now, she's my little hero!


3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

the addition has definitely changed the look so that you can see more of the Pool :)
I can't even imagine laying down for that pain. LOL

Hope you heal up fast!!!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Just a thought said...

Nice addition I love how it changed the look.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

thank you!!

I'm actually starting to see it as one big piece, instead of separates - I like it much better!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home