Saturday, August 07, 2010

Which way to the water?

Last Saturday I was skating at BHP. Tim usually goes with his running group on Saturdays, but me, I still skate. Had the most interesting conversation with a rather confused sr. citizen with a thick accent of some sort. He pulled the car in front of me and the guy I was skating with - always a little leery when a car stops us (something about their 4 wheels vs. my 8!). Out gets the driver, wife in the passenger seat with the window down... and he says- Where is the water? To drink or to swim I ask. To swim he replies.

I tell him he needs to go round the bend to the "beach parking lot". He did not know where this was. Then he says I do not want the beach, I want the water. We go back and forth a bit as I try to explain where it was - no good - he didn't get it. We were very close to the park exit and his wife calmly leans out the window and says - which way is home? I told her that a way - she nods her head and is silent. The guy gives me one more helpless look and gets back in the car to try and find the beach parking lot (where he doesn't want to be... ) It occurs to me as we skate off that I told his wife which way to go home... I'm assuming of course their home is in Winnipeg...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home