Thursday, March 04, 2010

NICE...

I had a great birthday. I don't always say that. Even the year I threw myself a party. it was way fun, but so busy I kind of missed it YKWIM??

Sunday the morning started at 6am. Me & DH went to Fort Whyte so he could run 13 miles as quickly as possible. Fun. I sat in the nice warm building and read my book - how great is that? Perfect till I went outside and realized the -20 had turned into like -6 and a nice walk would have been ok too LOL. That's ok. I like reading my book. after a few presents and getting all cleaned up we went for lunch to Mom & Dad's YUM! Ever since I started eating gluten free they've often had a GF chocolate cake from La Grotta - it is the best!!! I had to force them to put half in the freezer instead of sending leftovers home with me - would not have lasted long! A good time was had by all over food and then on to the main event - Canada vs. USA - WHAT A GAME. I just felt so bad at the end - my oldest of the three little boy nephews got completely freaked out by our rejoicing when Crosby got the Golden Goal. Suddenly middle size nephew comes downstairs "um.. Big L is sitting in a corner crying. he won't let me talk to him. could someone come?" he was so concerned!! Poor Big L - didn't quite get what all the yelling and screaming was about. I guess we'll just have to yell and scream some more to get him used to it. though I do remember a time in Big L's life when the rule was "no screaming, no crying" how confusing are we???

The day was capped off with a couple of hours at B&K's. Great to sit in their kitchen eating "light" snacks (SNICKER) and cheering Canada all over again. Have to remember how K made that YUMMY drink/desert thing. pineapple, mandarin orange, brown sugar and rum - who would have thought! (and its weight watchers too LOL!).

Yup, I had a great birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home