Friday, June 12, 2009

Something New??

I truly don't have time for a new sport in my life, but I thought I would try something new. My girlfriend from work made a deal with me - she'd come volunteer at 6:30 in the morning for our inline marathon last year - and my part of the bargain - try a boxing class. I was supposed to give it a shot as soon as skating season was over but one thing led to anther which led to Christmas which led to New Years which led to February, which led to a sprained ankle - you get the picture LOL.

So Wednesday I get this text - come to boxing tomorrow, Jenny from work will be a newbie with you! So I hemmed and I hawed, I made sure Mandy had a ride home from band, made sure Tim would be fed (somehow) and all was set. I had a nagging feeling I'd forgotten something, but whatever. Seemed like as good a time as any to inflict pain on myself. Wasn't till mom phoned yesterday and reminded me they were coming over - DOH! Well good daughter that I am, I considered bailing on the idea of torture, but no, mom said they were kind of tired and would come another night.

There I was skipping, doing pushups, running (literally) around the building, doing stairs till I almost puked and learning the good ol 1-2 punch. Oh my word. Normal activities are fine, but my fore arms are SORE. I'm optimistic that tomorrow will be better, oh wait, doesn't it get worse on the 2nd day? Ugh, I'm fine. I didn't get injured, I'm just a little sore, the good sore. The kind of sore that says - DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN. Well maybe one day, but I think I would have to increase my fitness level first, I can safely say I have absolutely no upper body strength. Then there is the time involved - I left the house at 6:10 and didn't roll back into the driveway till almost 9:30 - a long night at the end of a long day. Course it would have been easier just to stay in town instead of running back and forth but I FORGOT MY RUNNERS! Jeepers! Something tells me they wouldn't have let me do the drills in my crocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home