Friday, June 05, 2009

Mantra: A commonly repeated word or phrase

I just read the most amazing statement. I'm keying a database, compiling names and addresses from several sources. One of the sources is a membership directory with information on each member. Each member was asked to answer several questions:

My favourite part of my job is:
If I could choose another career/profession it would be:
My favorite group/song/music is:
My favorite actor/movie is:
My most favorite thing to do is:
My mantra in life is:

Now the interesting thing is, is that everyone who knows me - knows I believe. I believe everything happens for a reason (is that my mantra? that's one of em!)

I'm going through this directory as fast as possible, only stopping on the ones I'm actually supposed to key in. Then something grabs my attention and I read the mantra of someone who won't be on my new list.

"Look at what you already have when searching for happiness."

How simple is that. How blessedly simple. Not much to it, don't have to decipher or dissect it. Just look at what you ALREADY have when searching for happiness.

My answers...

My favourite part of my job is: watching what comes next.
If I could choose another career/profession it would be: something I'd have to get some book learning for.
My favourite group/song/music is: right now?? Waking up in Vegas (like the song, not the artist)
My favourite actor/movie is: Moulin Rouge - Ewan McGregor!
My most favourite thing to do is: laugh with my family & friends
Can I add a favourite book here? TWIGHLIGHT SERIES oh ya!

My mantra in life is: 1: treat others the way you want to be treated. 2: make your own fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home