Friday, May 01, 2009

time is passing?

It just keeps moving...I guess that's a good thing.

Last weekend I watched my nephew's for 4 days. Bro & Jo went to VEGAS BABY for her 40th. What a hoot. I wanted to be there so badly too!! But I had plans, oh ya! The boys were great. They were very well behaved and you know, kids say the darndest things! When I asked BigL what happened to his knee after school Friday (he was sporting two very nice band-aids), he says "well apparently I fell down" LOL. He uses apparently a lot, sometimes in the right context, sometimes its almost... :). Little L had me in stitches Friday morning when he was sitting on my lap first thing after waking up:

Me - Do you have to go pee L?
L - No
silence
L - boy, my penis is big
me - really? do you have to go pee now?
L - no
gets down off my lap, starts to play...
L - oh I sure have to go now!
he heads for the bathroom, so I tell him he can do that while i get dressed...
L - oh that's ok Aunti M, I don't need my privacy...

I was barely able to contain myself!! It was priceless!

All too soon these little boys will be big boys!! I had so much fun last weekend. I would do it all again in a heartbeat. Maybe not every weekend, but definitely do it again. :)

I ran into my old daycare worker today at superstore. It was SO good to see her and her husband. They took better care of my girls than I did some days!! D is the kind of lady you just want to hug (and I did). She nurtured and cared for my girls like they were own. What a blessing she was. So anyway it turns out they are getting a son-in-law next year and a grandchild this year... how is THAT for time passing... I keep thinking of her oldest, just 4 years older than Mandy walking both girls to school way back when. Now she will be a mama... wow...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

time does go by.... sometimes slowly, and sometimes far too quick.
Enjoy the moments.

The boys had a wonderful time with you... !!!
HA! And just let me know when the next time is...!!!!

;)

11:45 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

anytime my friend, though we may need to recruit the teenage babysitters so I can go too!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home