Thursday, May 03, 2007

First time in 6 years

Well for the first time in 6 years of working at the same place, I am off work for more than 1/2 a day. Almost 2 in fact.

I have never had this much time at home, accomplished so little, yet been so tired. What's a wrong? A bladder infection. Started Tuesday night around 10:30 pm. I can't speak, I haven't had this in probably 25 years. The pain I was in is mostly gone, but now the effects of the antibiotics are keeping me at home. Who knew these things could strike so fast and be so intense. not me... I had a kidney infection when I was 18, not something I'd like to repeat. Last night dh was busy, but I really needed to get the kids to their stuff at church, while I was thinking about the wisdom of taking them myself - time passed and it became a mute point - I had to take them. In walks "hero of the day" my brother was at church working on the sound system. He insisted I get my butt home and brought the girls home later. NICE. Is it the meds affecting my decision making process - you would think so. I went to work this morning, several people told me to go home, but not till my good friend Jay said - get your butt out the door, did I go...

One other thing about the meds. I specifically asked the dr. at the urgent care centre if I could do a 10km running (in my case jog) race this weekend that I signed up for. He said sure, trust my body, it would let me know, but go ahead. Well the meds I'm on are making me so nauseous and ditzy - I read the product info again and apparently I'm not supposed to exercise while taking them. SOOOOOO, I likely won't run it. I find that very disapointing, but the alternative of getting sicker, not appealing either. I'm pretty sure it will be a spectator sport this year if I go at all.

We've have made our plans to go to Vegas next week - not going to wreck that for a run!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home