Tuesday, May 09, 2006

This, That and other stuff

Its been a long week... E opted out of the youth event and went to her friends Bday party, so by now it is all a mute point. I fretted for quite some time, but now its over so I'll just wait for the next dilemma.

I wrecked my knee a little bit (I was going to say buggered up, but I'm told that would be an absolutely inaccurate use of the word by my friend JAT). About 11 days ago it swelled, no pain, just swollen. Still ran, and did other stuff, but by Sunday night it was really sore. I finally went to the sports injury clinic. X-rays came back clear - thank you!!! Supposedly just irritated carltlidge or something like that. Could be worse. Walking doesn't hurt at all, but steps and other stuff sure does. 2 weeks - no running, skating, step aerobics or even biking. Dr. said - just walk. Part he doesn't get is that I'm completely obsessed with my weight loss journey and feel slightly crippled by that advice. BUT, I will rest it and not do anything to injure it permanently.

Speaking of weight loss journey I wore a skirt today I haven't put on in a long time. You know one of those wrap-around ones, kind of longer (and yes from quite a while ago - the waist is like 2 inches above my belly button!!). So I drive to work, park the car and go out of the parkade to the street and WIND. You'd think my memory would have been better. I almost pulled a Marilyn over the storm grate move as I tried to cross the street! I'm sure the people on the bus have stopped laughing by now. On the way home I tightly clenched the wayward material so as not to embarrass myself yet again!

Did you notice I said park the car?? We are no longer a mini-van family. Loving my new Dodge Caliber (or perhaps I should say "our" - hubby pays the loan too after all). Way fun, sun roof, booming sound system (came with the car, didn't want that feature necessarily) and this thing is SO great on gas. What a difference, saving me about $40/week already!

I still have quite a lot to say about my weekend, but I'll keep it brief. Y had her church musical performance - what a joy!!! those kids worked so hard. They did great - story of Jonah and the Whale - what fun!!!! The other highlight of the weekend was buying bathing suits for the kids. Ok, one kid - one young lady. How is it the kid who is the shyest of the lot ends up in bikini that even I would have trouble getting into. She looks fabulous. But WAY too mature. More on that another day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

That really bites about the knee. You'll manage just fine though, you always do. Congrats on the weight loss!! Somehow that weight found me. <:(

I can't wait to see your new ride. How fun!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Thank you for that. Kind of like a cold, you and I share weight!! Goes back and forth my friend. We will battle it together!!!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home