Thursday, April 06, 2006

Me too!!!! Reallyl!!!

Last night between places I asked the kids if they'd like a treat. We were very close to a bakery I like and thought they'd like a cookie or whatever. As we pulled up Y says "cool thanks mom - DQ" Oh yeah, that's here too. Fine, I haven't had supper yet, but surely I can resist tempation in my face!! They both get a Blizzard and I get a grilled chicken burger no mayo... So we're walking out, them ice cream and me with my wrapped burger. Suddenly its like we're being swarmed people all around - what's this - a running clinic, oh yeah, we're beside that too! I look over at the girls, ice cream in hand, down at my burger and then glance up to see the fitness type people - in my head, its like, "but wait, you don't understand, I um, I mean, me too, I mean - well I run too, I don't just spend all my time at DQ". Sigh, they'll never know of course, but doesn't it make you want to say HEY! I'm not a couch potato - REALLY! And they'll pretend like they believe you...

3 Comments:

Blogger Blondie said...

yeah, I kind of had a moment last night - it was called chocolate, only there was none in the house - did you know that bakers chocolate works in a pinch!!!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I just went out an bought a whole bunch of chocolate. I always feel better about me eating it when I'm not the only one. :D

7:24 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

cheers to the chocolate!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home